Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cock-a-Doodle-Doo

This morning at 6:02, not a bad hour, considering, I woke to some light crying and the following:
Q2: I don't like the new coffee!
Brief pause.
Q2: I don't like the new coffeee!
Brief pause.
Q2: I don't like the new coffee!
Since Q2 doesn't yet drink coffee regularly, and she certainly isn't picky about the coffee she drinks, I thought maybe this was a dream, and she'd go back to sleep. But it just got more intense.
Q2: I don't like the new coffee! I don't like the new coffee!
Maybe she wasn't talking about coffee after all.
Q2: I don't like the blue puppy! I don't like the the blue puppy! I don't like the blue puppy!
(repeat)
I thought, great, she'll throw the dog out of the crib and we'll be done with it. So, through the wall I suggested that she ditch the dog and go back to sleep.
But that didn't work. And I began to think she wasn't saying she didn't like the blue puppy, either.
So I went in to find her standing up, pionting at the monitor on the windowsill.
Q2: I don't like the girl talking! I don't like the girl talking!
Ah. She'd been hearing voices. Much easier to deal with. Psychotropic drugs should take care of that nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment