Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bedtime rituals

I don't get particularly sentimental over the rituals of childhood. I mean, I think my children are the sweetest children in the world, but I didn't save locks of their first haircuts, and even though my older daughter requested it, I don't save fingernail clippings.

There are loving rituals that we go through on a daily and nightly basis. But I do not get particularly gooey over them. Especially the bedtime rituals. Except for the fact that they are a way to get the kids to bed. For that reason alone I love them.

But the one thing I do enjoy is the tuck in. Put the child in bed, snug them up under the covers, tuck them in, kiss them repeatedly. I like that. Actually, I still like being tucked in myself, too.

So, tonight, C3 told us she could put herself to bed ... after all the bedtime rituals were completed except the tuck in and kiss. And she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment