Monday, May 19, 2008

I thought it was cool

One thing I always wanted was a canopy or to have a floaty thing come down over my bed. Or a little cubbyhole bed.

C3's crib and bed have been positioned in a perfectly crib-sized nook in her room, so she has 3 walls (including a window) surrounding her. C3 calls them "little box beds" from the Beatrix Potter book, The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse.

Last year, C3 needed a comforter, so she picked on out herself at IKEA. A few months ago we saw sheer curtains to match her comforter on sale, so we picked them up, with the idea that we'd figure out how to make a canopy or floaty down thingy (like a mosquito netting) or something around her bed.

A couple weeks ago I bought a wire curtain "rod" from IKEA and we hung it last night, and hung the curtains on the one open side of C3's bed. Although she calls them little box beds she was a little unsure, still. So we told her it was like a dog bed. She bought it.

It is kind of like a shower curtain, but it is so cool. I would have (erm, would still) loved it.

But it turns out C3 was less than enthused. I found her last night sleeping kneeling on the floor with only her head on the bed. And this morning she woke to tell me she wanted them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment