Friday, June 13, 2008

Daddy I did - mommy come see

I am not always the ideal mother. Sometimes I forget to do things. Like ... put a diaper on C3 before bed. Sometimes I remember before I go to sleep to check her and diaper her, but usually it would end in a 2 am wake up, a wet bed, and a crying toddler. Oh, and two cranky parents. One who is more cranky because the other forgot to diaper C3.

And C3's diapers are typically SOAKED. Honkers. Weighing 5 pounds or more each morning. I suppose that's a stretch. But pretty loaded. I've been expecting to be buying diapers until she was 17.

Until 2 nights ago. When C3 came down in the morning she said she'd been dry all night. I asked to see her diaper. She refused, saying I'd forgotten to diaper her. Oh. So I checked her bed. Well, her puppy nest, but that is another story. Dry. Smelled sweet, fresh even. Not like a wet diaper at all.

Hooray! She apparently CAN hold it. She told me she didn't drink all night and she got up to go when she had to go (I don't remember that, but whatever!). I'm thrilled!

I do wonder if C3 was feeling the social pressure since her sister can stay dry during naps now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment