Friday, September 12, 2008

Nursery School, day 2

I didn't actually see day 1, but day 2 went off fairly smoothly. C4 ran right in, left me the second the car was parked. In fact, she ran across the street to get in as fast as she could do so. So, no problems there. Q2, however, once she realized she was going back to school starting talking to me about me staying. I kept talking about how I'd drop her off, she'd have fun doing painting, play dough, playing with Mrs. T & Mrs. B. And C4 encouraged Q2 by saying that Mrs. T was so nice, etc. And then of course I would pick her up.

She didn't go for it.

She wouldn't walk in herself. She wouldn't let go of me. She clung to me and wasn't full out crying, and not a noise exactly like whining, but I'm not quite willing to call it that.

I pried her off me and handed her over to Mrs. T. She continued to protest, but it wasn't too loud or strong. When I returned later I was told that she'd done OK. Better than yesterday. She'd done some drawing, she responded to the teachers, and been engaged in class (if not very actively).

What I like about our nursery school is that the children go x days in a row (2 for 2 year olds, 3 for 3 year olds, and 4 for 4 year olds) instead of going MWF or TTh. But at the same time, the one problem with our nursery school is that Q2 is going to school Thursday and Friday ... but the wait Saturday through Wednesday is a long one ... and I wonder if the 5-day interim will make her backslide a bit. So, more crying next week, I suppose.

So, after school we stopped at the park. Q especially wanted to go, and considering her rough two days in school, I thought we should go.

DCP_0064

They took off and everytime they saw a new play structure they got so excited and headed toward it. Most of my pictures didn't come out ... I don't know what happened, but here are a couple:

DCP_0044

and these things. There are three of them at three heights ... we couldn't get them onto this before ... today I couldn't get them off!

DCP_0063

After lunch "quiet time" ... I made my friend a birthday cake, a delicious "Orange Glow Chiffon Cake." Thank you Rose Levy Beranbaum! I made candied orange peel to top it ... which the 5 year old son of my friend loved ... he kept nabbing pieces off the cake.

Which I know because E40 invited us to stay for dinner. Which we did. Yum yum. Pasta with Endamame and a wee bit of cheese. Yum yum yum! And I didn't cook it! Even better.

Plus we did get to eat the cake. Which was incredible. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment