Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The'll go home with anybody

We had dinner with an old friend, E, tonight. I haven't seen E for 15 years at least .... she looks exactly as I remember her! Clearly she's aged better than I!

We had dinner at Pizza Paridiso in DC, near Dupont Circle. Eating at Franklin's so often I'd forgotten what delicious wood-fired pizza tasted like. It was sooooooo good!

Anyway, after dinner there were hugs and kisses and cuddles to go around. Except to the men, which was fine. Both girls were slightly reluctant to bestow their love on the guys. But, again, as parents, C39 and I are fine with that.

But somebody asked Q2 if she wanted to go home to Ireland with E & D (E's husband) while Q2 was in D's arms. Q2 had a quizzical look, but didn't fuss, just stretched her arms out for me.

But once in the car, Q2 started to cry. She wanted to go home with E.

No comments:

Post a Comment