Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guilty as charged

You say you'll never do it ... But you do.

My best friend from high school, K., used to babysit for my brother occssionally. And he really disliked her. I don't know why, exactly. But he had this thing against her. Until she brought him a chocolate bar. One tiny little chocolate bar. And they've been friends ever since.

So. Q2 was having a hard time transitioning to nursery school. Not a big deal, but not liking the idea of going to school, getting clingy when we get there, and then crying when I dropped her off. Part of the problem is that she only goes Thursday & Friday mornings, so the transition is d-r-a-w-n o-u-t.

Friday I decided to try it. Bribery. I offered her a chocolate if she wouldn't cry when she left me. That perked her right up. And there were no tears. A bit of pouty, but whenever I mentioned chocolate ... she smiled, perked up, and was ready to go.

That's it. I'm guilty of bribery.

No comments:

Post a Comment