Sunday, November 23, 2008

Last night

9:00 pm - C39 is asleep on the chair. Q2 asleep in her bed. E38 is writing. C4 ... bang bang bang.

C38 [run upstairs]: You OK? Did you fall out of bed?
C4 [sitting up in bed]: Mumma I need you.

So, we use the potty, I tell her a silly story, and get into the toddler bed with her. She falls back asleep pretty quickly.

1:00 AM - C39 asleep in bed, E38 asleep in bed, C4 asleep in bed, Q4 ... asleep and dreaming

Q2 [From bed]: Waaaaaaaahhhhh.
E38 [running to Q2's bedroom]: Hey, hey, it's ok
Q2 [eyes closed]: Don't take my cheese!
E38 [rubbing Q2's tummy]: Nobody is taking your cheese, it's ok
Q2 [rubbing eyes]: Noooo! Celesté is taking my cheese!
E38: Here, have some more.
Q2: zzzzzz.

4:00 AM - C39 asleep in bed, Q2 asleep in bed, E38 alseep in bed, C4 ... stuffed up.

C4:
Mumma I need you!
E38 [running to C4's room]: What's wrong?
C4 [stuffed up and having a difficult time breathing]: I need a tissue.
E38 [gets a pair of C4's underwear out of the drawer]: Here, blow.
C4: It is on my FINGERS!
E38 [Wipes up fingers]: I love you. Good night.

5:15 AM - C39 asleep in bed, E38 asleep in bed, C4 asleep in bed, Q2 ... is now awake but still in bed.

Q2:
Mumma I need you!
E38 [Running into Q2's room]: It's still nighttime, go back to sleep.
Q2: Where's Tucker?
E38 [Searching for Tucker]: Here, he, no ...
Q2: That's Tucker's friend, Pippo.
E38: [Finds Tucker]: Here he is.
Q2: TUUCKEER!
E38: Close your eyes and go back to sleep.
Q2: Sit in my chair.
E38: OK. Can I go get a blanket?
Q2: Yes.
E38: Stay in bed.
E38 [returned from getting blanket, sits on chair and throws blanket over her]: Close your eyes and go to sleep.
Q2: Why you have flowers on your blankie?
E38: It is my quilt. Lay down.
Silence. Some movement. Silence. 5 minutes go by.
E38:
Can I go back to bed and you stay quietly in bed so you can earn a video for staying in be all night?
Q2: Yes. Goodbye Mumma.

Just before 6:00 AM. C39 asleep, E38 waking, C4 asleep, Q2 ... ?

E38 [Hearing something that sounds like "I need you mumma"][to C39]:
I think I heard "I need you daddy"
C39: urrnnngss.
E38: I think it is Q2.
C39 [Gets up, gets some clothes on, walks to Q2's room]: Urrnnssaagggggaaaa.
C39 [Returning]: She's asleep.
E38: I really thought she was asking for you.


Later that morning ...

C39:
Q2, did you have good dreams last night?
Q2: Unha, about puppies and ponies and kitties and turtles.
C39: Did you dream about cheese?
Q2: No! Cheese no an animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment