Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Manners

Girl, oh, girl.

I say "oh, girl!" instead of "oh, boy!" because my girls want it that way. And I like that they want it that way. I'm going to encourage it.

But anyway, on our way home from a very low-key birthday party today we had a conversation today about manhole covers. Or, more accurately, we had a conversation about how anybody can go down a manhole, not just men. And how maybe they should be more accurately called personholes (yuck, none of us like that), or even more accurately, utility access holes/covers (or, according to some sources on the web, utility vault covers is also quite acceptable). The girls didn't like that either.

But I say girl, oh, girl, because I took them to Michael's today so I could buy some felt that I'll be using to make K4's birthday present with. We got the felt, but the girls were just absolutely crazy in that store. They loved everything. They wanted to draw, paint, model ... EVERYTHING.

Luckily we'd talked before I got in the store, and they were trying their best to be good and not touch and grab, but even so, I put them both in a cart so I could keep them under control.

Apparently they were being good, because one other shopper told me multiple times (we ran into her twice in the store, and once in the parking lot) how well behaved and well mannered they were.

And C39 tells me that C4 has taken to calling her teachers Miss M. and Miss H. again (instead of just "H.").

However, she's also taken to calling me by my first name. Because it is pretty, she said. I can't argue so much with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment