Thursday, January 1, 2009

Q2 update

Here's the good news: she loves to dance. She asked me to video her this morning before Ninoo & Papa left.




Here's the bad news: that recurrent cough? That weezing heavy breathing you can hear in the above video? Asthma.

A friend of mine heard Q2 coughing in the cold, and suggested that I have her checked out for asthma. I hadn't even considered asthma as the reason for the recurrent, never ending cycle of coughs (and as it turns out, wheezing).

And the other day, when C4 & Q2 were racing, C4 won handily, and Q2 was wheezing and breathing much too heavily for a 2 year old. C39 began to suspect that she has asthma.

So, as a follow up to Saturday's take-her-to-the-hospital-oh-it-isn't-appendicitis extravaganza, we went to the doctor on Monday and I asked about the wheezing and coughing and could it be asthma?

He said yep.

So now she is on liquid albuterol. That stuff makes her irritable, excitible, and maybe a touch OCD. I don't like it. Can you NOT treat asthma?? Or do you have to treat it? What can I do besides albuterol??

I call the doctor on Monday or Tuesday for a follow-up on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment