Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Friends or Food?

At the museum on Monday, C4 was pretty much done eating lunch and was wandering around our table and a nearby table. The occupants (a mother and a maybe 9-10 year old) didn't seem to mind, so we just let her wind around us.

Until the mother at the neighboring table pulled out a bag of Biscottini from Trader Joe's. And my daughter's eyes just were drawn to that bag: SNACKS. She sidled up to the table and started talking to the woman. So of course I asked her not to ask for food from strangers. C4 protested stringently.

C4: I'm NOT asking for food.
Neigboring mother: She isn't asking for food, she was telling me her name.
me: OK ...

So, C4 shared her name, asked the woman's name, and all was merry. But of course, she wanted the cookies. At which point I had to remind her that we don't take food from people we don't know. Her response?

C4: But, I introduced myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment