Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What phase is the moon in?

Today was a fundraiser at a local restaurant, Franklins, for C4's and Q2's school. I had originally planned to take them at lunch before I went to work. Then C39 was going to take them at dinner instead. And then C39 was going away, and it was back to me. But then I had to work, and my babysitter was available through lunch. So, back to dinner. But somebody offered to MAKE me dinner. I can't turn that down. I can't.

So, I decided to take them to Franklins for a mid-afternoon dessert snack and then I'd buy them a toy. They didn't know about the toy. But all of that was derailed at the library.

We went to the library for a quickie visit to drop off books and get more books. All was going well. Until at the checkout counter (lending counter? borrowing counter?) Q2 was hot and told me she wanted to take her pants off.

I convinced Q2 that she should keep her pants on, and told her that nobody wanted to see her hinny. She accepted that answer and moved onto playing with the ropes that guide library patrons through the checkout counter line, through the turnstile and out the door.

But C4 thought it very funny. And hiked her dress, dropped her panties, and shouted "Nobody wants to see your hinny!"

*Sigh*

We did NOT get to Franklins.

No comments:

Post a Comment