Monday, April 20, 2009

Bedtime

Bedtime is always fun.

It started at 6 AM when Q3 woke up crying because C4 had taken/eaten her chocolate dipped chocolate cookies. I told her I'd get them back and miraculously ... she fell back asleep untl 7:50 AM! Latest morning ever! So, she redeemed herself.

This evening after she was yelling for me for a while I went up and found her up on the railing of her bed, looking out the window, unable to get down.

Then I was called back up ... thinking that I was right to go up the last time I went up. And found Q3 reading a lift-the-flap book that she wanted me to finish lifting the flaps for her. Because she was too tired. And she was fine with me saying I'd do it downstairs. What? The flaps can't wait until tomorrow, apparently. I wasn't prepared to babysit for a lift-the-flap book.

Then I was called up again ... and Q3 had something so important to tell me that I could not for the life of me understand. Something to do with the lift the flap book? Swiper? C4? The windshield wipers? I don't know.

Then I was called up again by C4, reading Tessa Snaps Snakes. she showed me the page where they are eating Midnight Snacks, and asked me why I never made her midnight snacks. Because, my dear, you are never up at midnight. That made her smile and almost giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment