Saturday, April 25, 2009

Maryland Day

Long day.

It started with a run for me, then I went with some girlfriends to the National Arboretum for the annual plant sale (no lilacs).

When I returned home C39 & I took the girls to Maryland Day up at the university. Long walks, hot, long lines, as you can see from this photo:
Maryland Day

But, still, we had some good times.

Paddling in the fountain the middle of the campus (Q loved this):
Maryland day

Somersaulting while waiting in line (again, Q loved this):


And finally getting to the front of the line and into the bouncy castle (Q & C4 loved this!)!


Then, of course, ice cream. Eveybody's favorite part of the day.

Then tonight we had the 5th annual Hyattsville Vine Crawl. Really crowded & busy this year. It starts with a potluck then the "teams" spilt up and go to a series of houses for wine.

As the potluck was winding down C4 (who probably walked a mile and a half in the sun today at the university) just broke down crying, saying "I'm so tired I want to go to bed" so C39 carried her home (so she got a second wind) and put her to bed. I took Q3 and went to the first stop. Q3 RAN the whole way there. I tried the white (Q3 had a fingertip of it, and said mmm, delicious) tried the red (again, Q3 said mmmm, delicious) and then she ran around just having a good time. Q3 ate some brie and grapes. We went to the second stop, really didn't stay long (just long enough for me to have a small glass of red) and came home just before some unexpected heat lighting & thunder.

I'm beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment