Thursday, July 23, 2009

Garden Update

The butterfly bushes are in full bloom they look fantastic. Here's a shot of the flower, with a teeny tiny little bug working her way in. Usually we'll see a butterfly flitting from bloom to blossom, collecting nectar with her proboscis.

Butterfly Bush

The tiger lilies ... I love the tiger lilies. I had to lie on my back to get a shot, of course, but they are just so fantastic. We started out with just a few, and we've been shaking down the stems each summer/fall to make sure the seeds fall and grow. Each year we've had more. Our little stand has about 30 blooms right now, just all firey orange.

TigerLily

The veggie garden is moving along ... The runner beans are working their way up the teepee (albeit slowly), the bush beans are planted, we have our first cucumber ready to eat, the garlic is all harvested. I thought it was a lot of garlic, but my friend Elizabeth thought it was not so much. Well, perspective, I suppose. But we got about 40 (maybe 50?) heads of garlic. That seems like we'll make it through the winter, right?

100_2264

No comments:

Post a Comment