Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back to school night

Back to School Night was very reassuring. C5's teacher shared that her class was particularly bright this year, and she is going to be whizzing through the K curriculum to make sure they know everything, then moving onto grade 1 and beyond. So, already it is good to know that there will be challenges ahead and the teacher is paying attention to where her kids are.

We also found out that today they had a school-wide assembly today to kick off the school fundraiser, which includes selling stuff and the students get prizes if they sell a certain number of things.

Mrs B: Your child was sent home with a large white envelope with the details inside.
E39: C5 didn't come home with one.
Mrs B [chuckling, came over to explain]: C5 didn't want to do it, she probably threw it away.
E39: ??
Mrs. B: At the assembly she said "This is ridicuous! I'm not doing this!"

At which point I'm guessing she tossed her large white envelope or stuffed it behind a sofa. Because it did not come home to me.

I can't say I blame her. But I've never heard her say ridiculous before.

No comments:

Post a Comment