Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another farm day

We had a tough time convincing C5 to go, I think because C40 read the farm's little flyer that said to wear clothes that could get dirty. That is obvious, I should think, to anybody going to a farm. But to C5, it made her think she was going to get DIRTY and she did not want to go. Once we figured out the problem I told her she didn't have to get dirty, if she was careful she wouldn't get dirty, and we'd bring as many beautiful clothes as she wanted, just in case.

She decided she could go, but she still was a bit wary until we got there.

First though, let's view the outfits. New clothes from yesterday's clothing sale. I like what Q3 is wearing. New pink skort, under an under an old lavender dress, under a new sparkley shirt (a star), under a new Mini-Boden purple/pink flower shirt on top. With pink polka-dot boots. All are slightly frilly, all are shades of pink/purple. The effect was cute.

C5. Hm. She wanted this outfit. Really. I should have put it back. I didn't. It is not my favorite. But C5 loves it. After the farm this evening she took it off and put it all back in her closet/drawers, so she could wear it again. Oh, and she topped it off with one of her birthday hats decorated with flowers.

New clothes

First thing we did when we got there was meet the dog, Rambo. Q3 loved him. LOVED him. Spent most of her time with him. Rambo was an appropriate name, he was huge, and went after any and all potential predators. But he was gentle as anything and let Q3 hang all over him.
Q3 with Rambo

We visited hens, turkeys, piglets, rabbits, ducks. Then we got to the horse barn. Q3 said she wanted to ride, but then when the horse was there in front of her ... she started to back down. She eventually agreed to just sit on the horse and not move. Then to walk if I was holding her hand. And then she just dropped my hand and was all good. She got spooked when Disney shivered her whole body to scare off a fly, and she had to get down mid-ride, but she got back on and finished up beautifully.



And I went, too, thinking C5 might go with me. She would not. She'll walk 6 inches behind a horse, but not get on one.


We ate the most delicious chicken noodle soup, less delicious meaty soup, then more chicken noodle soup. Oh, that was just me. Yeah, the chicken noodle was the best chicken noodle ever. Homemade noodles and fresh killed chicken make all the difference.

Then onto a hay ride. Rambo came with us. Q3 tried to get him to ride with us by saying: "You won't fall off, I promise" but Rambo didn't go for it. He followed us into the cow field, by the goats and sheep, and then down the road to the pigs, where he took some time playing with the pigs and then scaring away turkey vultures.

C5 was brave and went right over to visit with the pigs
C5 and the pigs pigs

But Q3 was a little more reticent. She sat in my lap on the hay wagon until we heard the pigs chomping. Thinking we could feed the pigs, she got up, jumped off the hay wagon, fell over, got up saying "I'm OK" and ran over to the pigs.

Q3 on the haywagon Q3 in the field Q3 and hogs

And we fed the pigs black walnuts!


We were with the pigs for a long time, but eventually we headed back on the really fast moving hay wagon, where I suggested that it was like being in a convertible; C5 thought it was hysterical. What she says is "A hayride is a tractor convertible"




C5 said this was the best farm visit and best hay ride ever. That is high praise, my friends.
C5
C5 happy

2 comments:

  1. They are so unique from each other. I am interested in what kind of adults they are going to become!

    Q's outfit is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are, aren't they? I'm so lucky to have both of them.

    ReplyDelete