Monday, October 19, 2009

at the pumpkin patch

I promised Q3 that I'd go with her to the pumpkin patch for her first official field trip (does the trip to the fire house count? They walked there)

So, the bus ride. Stinky, smelly bus. The clouds of smoke behind the bus was really quite nauseating. But Q enjoyed it.

On the bus Brooke and Q3

We looked at corn, beans, then the cows.

Looking at cows

Then we made it to the pumpkin patch.
Q3 in the pumpkin patch



We picked the perfect pumpkin and then left the field...



... and got an apple. And ate it slowly. We were the last ones sitting.

Q3 Still eating an apple at Butler's Orchards Q3 eating an apple at Butler's Orchards Q3 STILL eating an apple at Butler's Orchards

Fed my core to the pigs (Q3 was still eating hers), petted the horses, and back to the bus. Where I finished Q3's apple and finally tossed the core.

Oh, and C5 had her 5-year physical ... looks like she may have bad eyes. I mean, not much of a shocker considering both C40 & I wear glasses, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. The evaluation at the doctor's office put her at 70-20. They kept asking me if I was sure she knew her letters. Yes, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment