Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Words words words

C5 has been picking up words and running with them, using them as much as she can to try them out, sound smart, and just play with them. First it was "Attractive!" said sarcastically, which she still does. Recently it has been "This is embarrassing!" ... and she does kind of use it correctly, but I have a hard time believing she is actually embarrassed, because, really, she isn't.


Q3 has also been figuring out language, using words correctly but not knowing exactly what she is saying.

Recently Q3 and C5 have both kind of decided C40 isn't their favorite, and it has been kind of disheartening for C40 to be told that they don't like him, they don't want him to read to them or put them to bed, etc. But this weekend Q3 was with C40 and the following ensued:

Q3: Daddy you are so fascinating [Pause].
Q3: What does fascinating mean?
C40: [Gives definition. I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what he said]
Q3: Oh, you're silly.

Snap! I guess that didn't help C40 so much.

And finally, Q3 has had some rough days being sick, but she's finally coming out of it and able to be bad again. I can't remember what she did but it wasn't too bad, but bad enough so that I brought Q3 to her room and told her she could come down to be with us all when she was ready to be civilized.

She was crying when I put her down in her chair, and as I shut the door I heard "But I don't know what civilized MEANS!"

Ha, ha. I guess that makes it difficult to be civilized, then, doesn't it. Now she knows. But still isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment