Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Not the stork

So, sitting, having dinner, Q3 says to me, "Did I come from a store?" I'm not sure where that came from exactly, but there it was. So, I said no, you didn't come from a store, and explained that a sperm + an egg creates a baby and the baby grows where? and she cutely gave me a coy smile, circled her arm wide and pointed to her chest/tummy. I agreed and said, yes, the uterus.

And then C5 came in and said "In the woahmmbh. The wooom-b" She was having a difficult time saying womb, because of the silent b.

But then C5, who gets the sperm + egg, man + woman thing, (and has a book called What's the Big Secret? which I know she's read a couple of times, and I've read it to her a couple of times, asked "But. What about two women? How do they get a baby? K39 & T don't have sperm"

Uh. No, they don't. So I explained how K39 went to the doctor and the doctor helped her get some sperm so she could have a baby. Get it? Got it. Good. No further explaination needed.

Ahhhh. Explaining how two daddies can adopt a child was a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment