Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Busha Salad

C5 and I went grocery shopping today, since Q3 called me at work this morning and asked if she could stay at school through naptime so she could watch the movie. Unfortunately for her, she slept through naptime and missed the movie (they have 2 hours of quiet time if they stay for the afternoon. If after 45 minutes you aren't asleep, you can go watch a movie).

But anyway, I had food to buy for this week's dinners; C5 decided she wanted to make something as well. So she bought apples, bananas, blueberries, blackraspberries, strawberries, yogurt, ice cream, a cucumber, and raisin bran.

I managed to get her to NOT include the cucumber and raisin bran, but she did then decide to include a crumbled up chocolate chip cookie. And I had to melt the icecream before it went in.

It was basically a fruit salad with a nice yogurt/sweet cream dressing. So we threw it back in the freezer til after dinner (which nobody liked but me — split pea and fresh pea soup). They both ate their age in bites twice, so I let them move onto the so-called "Busha salad."