Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Best book ever

I started reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to C5 tognight. She couldn't get enough. It was lovely. She really enjoyed the first chapter, so I read the second. And she begged for a third, fourth, 30th, ALL THE CHAPTERS! I didn't but I think she might be reading ahead right now.

Possibly as a result of seeing "Spare Oom," while we were reading C5 started telling me how the British people didn't like the letter R. As she told me, they didn't hate it, they didn't LOATHE it, they just strongly disliked it. They didn't like to use it. I asked how she knew this, and she said because another character in another book (she told me, but I can't remember) called sneakers "Plimsolls" ... and that didn't have the letter R in it.

I went in later and she'd read a large part of chapter 3, and told me how Lucy's siblings didn't believe her, and that made her sad. And then Edmund found his way in, but didn't see Lucy there, but met somebody else (she didn't know who, yet). C5 thought maybe you could only go to Narnia once a day through the wardrobe. Could be, my dear. Could be.