Thursday, May 27, 2010

Puddleglum

We are reading the Narnia series to C5 at bedtime these days, which is just lovely. The books are engaging and interesting and actually raise a lot of questions. And I can say for certainty who dies and who lives and that everything turns out OK in the end.

We are up to The Silver Chair. I always like this one. Of course, I can say that about all of them.

So, when we started the book C40 told me he had to read chapter 5 to C5. OK, fine. Two nights ago when we were on chapter 3 C40 reminded me not to read chapter 5. OK, but now I was starting to wonder.

Chapter 5 is where Puddleglum the marsh-wiggle is introduced. C40's favorite character in the whole series. Because, as I think, C40 IS Puddleglum.

I wasn't sure how C5 would take to the character. Apparently, she thinks he is hilarious. Just like C40.