Thursday, May 26, 2011

More sleep pictures

Q5 has been very trying lately, so I'm attempting to give her extra love. Snuggling her when she wants it, snuggling her to sleep, taking her out of school a bit early so she can have more time with me at home.

I don't know if it is working, exactly. She's having terrible tantrums that involve kicking (ow) and very disturbing comments by her (like: I wish I'd never been born) and she doesn't respond well to having things taken away. Instead, if you take something away (e.g. a library book) she then will get ALL the library books and say take them all. So, we haven't quite figured out how to motivate her to be good (and appreciate being alive). I'm attempting to do extra touch and holding with her, because she likes having all her senses engaged. Her tantrums and wish to be dead or never born don't last long, but ... Do 5 year olds usually say that???

Anyway, that's off track. She called down and asked for a snuggle to help her fall asleep tonight, so I said I'd be up in a minute. I really was up in just a minute, and I opened the door to this:


WHERE is Q5


Can you see, she is not in her bed. Nor was she on the floor. I don't know if she'd fallen or purposely went behind, but she had pushed the bed away from the window and was sleeping half under the bed, half in a snuggle nest on the floor. And UNDER the clock.


Q5 on the floor


I managed to pull her up and put her back in bed, where she is now sleeping. Hopefully happily and happy to be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment