Saturday, September 24, 2011

The advent of fall

For a long time I've wanted to make these halloween treat bags. I don't know why, I just thought they looked really cool. This year after Hurricane Isabelle I found some sticks that looked witchy, and I took them from my neighbor's trash pile. Yes, I did.

We bought brown bags and candy, found our wire, and then ... waited. Every so often Q5 and an would do some cutting and gluing and then last weekend we had a bag making push and we make something like 10 or 12 paper bags that look like broom straw.

This weekend I decided the advent of fall meant I didn't have to wait any longer. We were making the brooms!!

We put candy in the bags (C7 and Q5 LOVED this part) and then stuck a stick in each one and then Q5 put the wire on to clamp the broom to the broom handle. C6 wrote out the tags.

They turned out great!


witch brooms


Why yes, they made those headbands themselves.

Q5 with one broom C7 with broom


We delivered thema and in doing so realized we'd forgotten somebody, so I said we'd take our bag and put a new tag on it and give it to them ... oh disaster. C7 seemed to think this was the worst news in the world because we wouldn't get all of the candies. I said we'd tried all the candies. No, we hadn't, because we hadn't tried all of the candy corn shapes. Yes. The candy corn shaped like yellow corn, we had not tasted one of those. Oh, the sadness. But still we did it and still C7 moped (whined. cried. tantrumed.) over it untill I dropped her back at home so she wouldn't have to think about it any more.

Bonus photo, C7 writing out tags.

C7 writing tags

No comments:

Post a Comment