Saturday, August 25, 2012

Upcycled cashmere dress

I had all these cashmere sweaters waiting for a project, and I've been thinking sweater dress, but never could find a good pattern or tutorial for what I wanted. But finally, I just let C7 pick out three colors and we made a dress.

I need to still fix the collar and sleeves, and in retrospect I should have added little triangles on the bottom so it twirled better. Maybe I still can. But for now ...

C7 new dress

Yes, it is August, and yes, she did wear it for the rest of the day after I (mostly) finished it. She was so pleased with it. I'm going to gather the sleeves, as seen in this cute dress. That way when arms grow the sweater can grow. But I'm not sure how to fix the collar at this point. it had been a turtleneck and C7 hates turtlenecks.I'll figure SOMEthing out. 

It is warm and cuddly and no restricting parts anywhere. Just her kind of dress. 

1 comment: