Friday, September 1, 2017

Vermont, Dog Mountain.



We spent more time just reading, sitting in front of the fireplace, TCR hit a brewery or two, and of course, swimming.

But we left on Friday to head down to Massachusetts. On the way south we decided to stop at Dog Mountain. There was some grumbling from the children but we figured we had to let Lucy have SOMETHING.

Dog Mountain is the home of the Steven Huneck Gallery. He was a artist who did wood block art of dogs. You know his work. Things like this:
Image result for stephen huneck art

Anyway, Dog Mountain is a farm/mountain that he and his wife bought, and added a dog chapel, and a gallery, and a place for dogs to walk, swim, and play. So, we took a little hike.




There is a doggy door leading into the chapel. Q11 went through, even if Lucy didn't. The chapel itself is filled with notes to dogs, about dogs, and even some cats or other pets. It quite moved TCR, who wrote and left notes for his dogs gone by.

It was a good stop, we went to the gallery. I wanted a print, so I let TCR choose out of two I picked, and I bought the signed woodblock print, then we jumped in the car again, and started our drive drove to Massachusetts. 5 or so miles down the road I was having buyers remorse that I hadn't bought the other one. This rarely happens to me. I usually walk away and know it was the right decision. But this time, it wasn't. So I asked TCR to turn the car around so we could go back and buy the other one. He did at the next exit, which was a few miles on down the road. And I bought the other one.



No comments:

Post a Comment