Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Things I hate

I hate to see the stupid horrible stories about parents (dare I say dads, most often) who forget their child is in the car and forget to drop the child at day care and leave them in the hot hot car for hours and come back and the results are a dead child. I just can't fathom forgetting my child in the car.

And it makes me outrageously mad that somebody could forget their child. It never really sounds like an accident.

Tonight it was a 21 month old child, recently adopted from Russia, forgotten by his dad and left in the car for hours. That is when it really got me. These parents worked so hard so hard so so so hard to finally get a child and then this ... That reminds me that it could be me. It isn't just the parents who don't care as much as I do. It isn't just careless parents. Young parents. Inexperienced parents (whatever that is ...or whomever that isn't). It is me. Or, it could be.

And it is kicked back home that parents are so freaking flawed and it was just an accident and it could happen to me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment