Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The move

The move to a big girl bed hasn't been 100% smooth. No naps, of course.

So after I finally got rid of the children I was babysitting (I was told from 9:30 to maybe 12:30. Ten minutes to 3:00 I was finally able to say GOOD BYE! It was 5 hours I had the two boys. Wouldn't normally be a problem ... except that the younger is never away from mom and he cried from 9:45 -- dropoff time -- to 10:15; 11:15 to 12:45; 1:15 to 1:30; 1:45 to 1:50. Plus random cries and whines throughout the day. So ... about 2.5 hours of crying out of a 5 hour sit) ...

So anyway, I was able to say BYE to the children and let Q2 & C3 out of quiet time and we went for a walk to the park. As result of no naps, Q2 fell asleep on the way, and hung out in the stroller for a little while (please note the dog collar from the dog party):

Climbing

While Q2 slept, C3 tried to climb the DNA structure.

First, she tried the outside, but it wasn't going so well, she kept slipping down. So I suggested she climb in the middle:

Climbing

She didn't do it exactly as I would, but then, I don't fit in that thing any more, now, do I?

Climbing

Climbing

Climbing

Climbing

She made it!

Then she and I went to wake up Q2. I tickled, kissed, wiggled, jiggled, and jogged that girl and nothing. C3 did the same. Plus she licked Q2. No movement from Q2. Nada, nothing, zip, zingo, blooey.

And then C2 yelled, "WAKE UP, Q2!"
And Q2 rubbed her eyes and said, "I don't want to wake up!"

But she did ... and tonight, back trying to get her to stay in the big girl bed ... she fell asleep flat out on the floor. Just like her sister, in the next room.

No comments:

Post a Comment