Monday, September 1, 2008

Better than I expected

Some years ago my dear husband C39 and I ran across "The Land of Little Horses" in Gettysburg, PA. I can't say that I was entirely interested in going. In fact, I was probably not interested at all. By C39 was VERY interested. But he couldn't bring himself to go until we had one or two children to look respectable and not so pervy-like.

Although I personally never had the overwhelming urge to go, the idea did grow on me over the years. So, five years and two children later we loaded up the car and headed to The Land of Little Horses.


After getting through the gift shop chock-a-block with all types of horses to cuddle and bring home, we made it out to the paddock.


Feeding the Little Horses

We'd bought feed, which was great fun ... horses, llamas, sheep, goats ... they all like this stuff.
Feeding the Sheep Feeding the Llama

Cats, however, do not. Q2 tried to feed a barn cat the feed and got two scratches and a story to tell the next 20 people she saw.

Two favorite things for the girls to do 1) ride the bouncy horses on the playground

Call out the Posse

and 2) Ride the tire swing fashioned like a horse. Pure joy.

Tire Swing

Riding a statue horse wasn't too bad, either.

Riding a Horse (Statue)

The highlight of the day was supposed to be the "show" ... but that was a dud. Too much talking, too little action. 40 minutes of dull. Except for the dog races, which I found extremely amusing for the 30 seconds they were on stage. So we cut out early, causing both girls to cry hysterically at the fact that we were leaving. I guess it was just perfect for small children even though C39 & I were in agony watching a horse trying to subtract 4 from 6 and telling us over and over again that the answer was 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment