Sunday, September 14, 2008

Crafty me

I took the camera out today, but the batteries were dead. But no matter, we just did the regular stuff ... went to Watkins Park Farm, played at the playground, walked to the farm, fed the animals, walked to the carousel/train area and ate lunch, then went to the carousel, where neither girl wanted me to touch them. Q2 on a very large rabbit ("bun-bun") and C4 on a dappled horse in front of her. Then the train; G41 & J1 and I sat backwards in the last seat, the girls all sat in the seat just ahead of us facing front. C5, C4, and Q2 all in a seat, and they behaved great. I was very happy.

Of course, on the way home Q2 took a little snoozer. We took the long way home to avoid the redskins game, anyway, so that was good. I just left her in the car when we got home (doors open!), and C4 & I just sat on the stoop and talked and gave huggies and I avoided the game called "tounges" that C4 kept trying to force me to play.

I eventually, around the 45 minute mark, woke Q2 up, it was a grumpish wake up, but we got through it, and C4 really wanted to go over to C5's house to play in her kiddie pool. So I dialed, and C4 politely asked for C5, and asked if we could come over to play in the pool. C5 said yes. So we did.

And dinner, bath, blah blah blah, all went smoothly. Bedtime was a little rockier than the last few days, but again, by 7:45 both were asleep. And I came downstairs and made my new bag ... that C4 thinks is for her because it has a dog-words print for the outside and a bumblebee liner. C4 keeps telling me the dog print bag will be hers, and the bee print will be my bag ... so, we'll see if I get to keep this bag. It doesn't matter, I'm very happy with the way it turned out, even if I don't get to keep it!! I could do this again with no problems.

I got to do a few new things with this bag ... make a bias strip for a button loop (although I don't think I did it correctly), and squaring off corners. My curves look good, too. Or, I should say, the curves on the bag.

I'm so proud of myself. I want to make another!

1 comment:

  1. The bag sounds nice ... be firm with C--- ... I miss you all, and I love You!

    ReplyDelete