Wednesday, January 28, 2009

snow day

The girls woke up and the first thing C4 did was run into my room to tell me it was snowing. Then she ran to Q2 to tell her. Then Q2 found her stepstool so she could look out the window. Then C4 invited Q2 to her bedroom so they could sit on the big bed together to look out the window. Sweet.

Snow day activities:
1) Walk in the snow to deliver shoes.
2) Side trip down Kennedy to see kids we knew who were playing outside. Got rides on these incredible sleds ... kicksleds! C4 & Q2 were offered rides, and Q2 initially declined, but C4, in a reversal of her normal stand-offish-self-in-respect-to-physical-danger, hopped right on with the neighbor we didn't know that well. And once C4 did it Q2 gave it a try. I have to say, those neighbors are so sweet. C4 must have gotten 7 rides down the hill, and Q2 got one with S. and one extra-long one with G.
3) Back home, Q2 was cold, so we popped inside and C4 spent the next 20 minutes in the backyard by herself enjoying the snow.
4) All snow outfits were wet on top of the dirty, so I decided to wash them.
5) After snow bath.
6) Story-time at the library ... C4 had to wear the dreaded dalmation coat. Hahaha. This was not fun. She cried, and pouted, and lashed out. She wouldn't put her arms in the sleeves. But, she wore it as I directed, and put it on for the way home (although I had a hard time keeping it on b/c Q2 kept biting it, and it would slide off C4, since no arms were in the arm-holes).
7) While at the library I got the alert on my phone that my office was closing at noon. Since I go in at 1:00 on Tuesdays this was optimal timing.
8) Pancakes for lunch, and then C38 came home and took them outside. Since Q2 has been complaining about being cold, I put fleece pjs over her two pairs of pants and shirt & dress. And a jacket. She stayed out just about 10 minutes? 15 maybe? But C4 stayed out a long time. And helped C39 shovel.

Celeste Earns Her Keep
Celeste Earns Her Keep
Celeste Earns Her Keep

No comments:

Post a Comment