Monday, February 9, 2009

Three apron day

How did I get so productive, you ask? Nobody threw up, I retort. And the girl who woke at 4:30 AM also took a 2.5 hour nap. Oh, that and two of the aprons had already been started.

Here are the aprons ...

C4's apron ...
C's apron
(C4 also wants a large C on the top of the apron like Q2 has on hers. But, she put it on before I could do it. Tomorrow, maybe.)


... and a mommy/daughter apron pair that I just love. I made every mistake in the book on the daughter apron one because at 5:00 tonight I just decided, hey, that mommy apron needs a daughter apron to go with it and here's how I'll do it. Oops, nope. Gotta rip that out. Ooops, forgot to do that. Ooops, didn't get the bias tape on real well, better rip and sew again. Seriously, if I'd even stopped and planned for 5 minutes it would have been better. But finally I did it. And I love the pair.

Mommy apron
and

Child's apron

Also today my mom reminded me that it is good for kids to have a little discomfort, and I know that, but it is good to be reminded. So, Q went to bed tonight without me sitting in the room. She spilled water on herself and needed to be dried once. She unzipped herself and needed to be zipped once. She came out of the room twice. A little crying/whining. But that was it. I reminded her that there was just one of me and I needed to be where I could hear both girls ... not in her room. She bought it, enough, I guess!

Constructive criticism received and acted upon, CHECK! Let's see if I can keep this up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment