Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time out

For a message from the reading fairy.

Q3 is getting interested in reading. Here and there. She knows a bunch of words ... On, in, up, out, no, go, so, stop, pony (sometimes!), dog, cat, cow (sometimes!), ball. Were there others? I can't remember. But she is just like C5 was at this age ... She likes me to read along with my finger, or point to words herself, but when she gets tired of it she puts up her shoulder or leans back and says "I'm tired!" and won't look. Then I know it is time to put the finger down and just read.

Q3 is adamantly against chapter books, even short ones. But a long single story with no chapters? A-OK.

C5 is amazing on the reading front, but is reading above her comprehension level. She'll catch up to herself soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment