Sunday, November 1, 2009

It was a dark and stormy night

I don't know if anybody realizes how downcast C40 and I are over C5's sudden and dramatic shift from dogs to princesses. She's moved from original to mundane. Cute and unique to ho hum princess.

And at the same time, we don't believe it. She slipped up and says "I love golden retrievers! Oh! I mean princesses!" making us both squirm with joy. We see her fawn over puppy stuffies and beam. We try to convince her that dogs are fun and princessy and great. Princess puppies! Princesses love puppies!

And then, we also think that she's figuring out how to fit in. Princesses are her attempt to be like everybody else. And that is a good thing, I believe it shows growth and maturity and the ability to think about others, not just herself.

Are we just fooling ourselves? Is the princess thing here to stay? Are dogs a thing of the past? Does it matter?

I don't know.

But here they are, on Halloween, as princesses. And me and C40, too.
Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009 Halloween 2009


Halloween 2009

After trick-or-treating I let them go wild with the candy. And it made Q3 a little wild, too.


By the time the rain really started to come down the kids were tired, a little sick and ready for bed. A good toothbrushing was had by all and they fell asleep lickity-split.

No comments:

Post a Comment