Sunday, November 22, 2009

Really, truly?

I bought C5 & Q3 some books and magazines yesterday, and decided this morning to give C5 one to see if she'd stop reading the horrible horrible (but extremely funny fora 5-year-old) Junie B. Jones series.

So, I gave her Ivy & Bean, recommended by the mother of M5, C5's best friend. I told C5 that M5 read a chapter a night, and why doesn't she try that. C5 wasn't thrilled, and told C40 she didn't want to read it because M5 was "ahead" of her. So he suggested that she read and "catch up."

7:30, C5 is reading Junie B. Jones. I don't know when she switched over to Ivy & Bean, but by 7:50 she was on page 32. By 8:27 ... she was done. 120 pages done. I don't know if she read the whole thing word by word, but she did tell me a bit about the plot and we heard her laughing, but I'm filled with a little bit of disbelief that she read 120 pages (yes, small pages with big words and pictures, but that is still 120 pages) in under an hour. But she gave me details from the story. I'll just have to read it this evening and quiz her tomorrow and see if our recollections of the story are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment