Sunday, November 29, 2009

Excuse the interruption

We (you) are just going to ignore the fact that I haven't posted anything of substance for ages.

So. We had a lovely Thanksgiving, and spent the Saturday after at the zoo, special request of J4, who was visiting.

C5 didn't want to go to the zoo, because she "doesn't like the zoo" ... Right. So, we wisely ignored that and C40 suggested she bring paper and pens to draw/write at the zoo, which she thought was a great suggestion. And throughout the zoo she'd just sit down to write or draw a bit, which I thought was great.

And although she was excited about going, Q3 was a little bit sick and was a tad whiny. (I'm TIRED. Pick me up. Please pick me up. Carry me!) but we came to an agreement where she would walk DOWN the hill, and I would carry her up (which, frankly, considering the size of the hill at that National Zoo is more than fair). She kind of agreed, although half-way down she asked to swap, if I'd pick her up now, she'd walk all the way up.

I AM to smart to believe that, and she had to keep walking.

Anyway, by the time we reached the prairie dogs, C5 was having a great time, and just sat with the prairie dog sign and held its hand. So very sweet.

C5 and the Prairie dog

And soon there after we reached our destination: The Pizza Play Area.

Pizza Play area

The kids spent over an hour and a half there, and they did not want to leave. We outlasted everybody else. J4 reeeeealllly didn't want to leave. Q3 fell asleep on C40's shoulders on the way up the hill.

Anyway. Great weekend. Tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment