Saturday, January 21, 2012

SNOW!

Every time is snows down here we have to have a snow post. Just letting you know in case you hadn't realized.

I woke this morning around 4:30 to silence. Bright silence. I put on my glasses and looked out side to see a nice thin layer of snow. Turns out it was wet and slushy snow, but that was OK, it was very nice looking.


Snow on the rosemary Snow on chair



15 minutes later at 4:45 I heard from Q5, who yelled out for me. She'd woken up and looked outside her window to see if my car was still here (she thought it was a work/school day). It was, but much more importantly, it had snowed. I told her to go back to sleep.

15 minutes after that I heard C7 run out of her room to Q5's room yelling "You have to look outside! You are going to be so surprised!!" Well, we weren't but that's OK. They both started running around acting like they were going outside, but I got back up and told them to say in bed until 6:00. They didn't, but they did stay in their rooms.

At 6 they got up, dressed and out we went.


Girls in snow


We had a snowball fight (Well, C7 and I did, and I'm pleased to say her aim is getting MUCH better), cleaned off the cars, and walked around the block twice. The sun came up around quarter to seven, and by seven we were cold and tired and headed back inside for hot cocoa and oatmeal for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment