Thursday, July 5, 2018

Thursday, July 5, Raspberry Hill.

The morning after we checked out we headed to "raspberry hill" which confused us a little -- were there raspberries at the top of this very large and very steep hill? I mean, that was the obvious interpretation and I'm about 100% literal so that was what I thought.

But it wasn't. It was about the terraced landscape and the iconic "raspberry" at the top. It was considered the quintessential image of Mu Chang Chai. So we climbed, up past this family using a gasoline powered rototiller, an ox, and human labor ...

Past this girl selling bracelets (I bought two)
 Past this older woman who tried to get us to try on hats and take photos and buy her wares (I did buy a purse)

To finally reach ... the raspberry hill.


And then going back down ... I think M was  especially interested in the red soil.


Then back to Hanoi for an early morning flight to the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment