Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day of crafts

A few years ago M42 gave C6 a the "Best Ever Craft Book for Kids." The book languished a bit, I think C6 was too small at the time.

However, recently I pulled it out and suggested that Q4 find a craft she wanted to do. She marked about 20 pages, and yesterday morning started going through the crafts to find one where we already had all the supplies.

Which turned out to be a cooking craft, of course. Homemade peppermint patties. I've made these before (from a different but very similar recipe), so I knew how easy they were.

Homemade Peppermint Patties

We had a great time rolling out and cutting the "dough" (although it was quite difficult to keep from eating it). And then the chocolate ... C6 missed the chocolate dipping, much to her disappointment, because she chose to continue reading instead of cleaning her room, so by the time she left her room after quiet time the mints were all dipped.

Here are the girls, Q4 chewing a mint, C6 looking at the book:

Q4 and C6 with peppermint patties

I'll post later about what I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment